Skip to content
Frequently Asked Questions
Information & Links
Complete the test below when asked to do so during class by the instructor.
" indicates required fields
1. Which of the Stages of Change refers to the stage when a person has not considered a behavior?
2. Which of the following is the length of driver’s license suspension for a drug conviction in Texas for persons 21 years and older?
3. Which schedule of drugs has the highest potential for abuse and carries the severest penalties?
4. Which of the Stages of Change is the stage when a person gets busy taking action that specifically addresses changing the problem behavior?
5. The law that required over-the-counter medicine to reveal the contents of the drugs was:
Harrison Narcotic Act of 1914
Controlled Substances Act of 1970
Pure Food and Drug Act of 1906
The Federal Narcotics Act of 1956
6. Which of the following drugs has been around since ancient times?
7. During the Civil War, an addiction to ________ was known as “the soldier’s addiction”?
8. The part of the brain that controls a person’s ability to process information is:
Vital Functions Center
Higher Learning Center
Muscle Control Center
Autonomic Nervous System
9. Which of the following drugs is categorized as a “stimulant”?
10. Which term listed below explains the following effect of drug use: Repeated exposure to the same dose of drug results in diminishing effect. Therefore, increased doses are required to achieve the desired effect.
11. Which of the following terms means that tolerance to one drug may also produce tolerance to other similar-acting drugs?
12. __________ is a condition where loss of control over the use of a drug occurs in spite of unpleasant consequences.
13. Which term identifies one of the biggest problems in dealing with drug dependency, because it keeps the dependent person from clearly seeing the effects of his/her drug use?
14. Which of the following has been identified as “HIV high risk” behavior?
Sharing dirty needles
All of the above are “high HIV risk” behaviors.
15. The length of time between becoming infected with HIV, and the possibility of transferring HIV to another person is:
1 year or more
16. The use of drugs by some celebrities mistakenly ____________ impact drug use can have on a person’s life.
overstates the negative
understates the positive
17. Which of the following describes “values”?
How we act
Basic beliefs – rules by which we live
18. Which of the following describes “attitudes”?
Our positions or views on situations
Our responses to stress
Our behaviors – the way we act
19. Which of the following reflects the latest medical thinking regarding addiction?
It is a moral weakness.
It is a brain chemistry disease.
It is a sin.
It is bad luck.
20. Setbacks or returning to old behaviors that may lead to using drugs is:
21. Which of the following is NOT an advantage of 12-step Support Groups?
Encourages self-evaluation and growth
Provides a safe, supportive environment
Provides a place for detoxification
Provides drug-free social contacts
22. Which of the following is an example of Physiological Needs according to Maslow’s hierarchy?
Friends and family
The recognition of others
23. During the Contemplation Stage, the going back and forth between pros and cons of changing a behavior is called:
24. Which of the following is a reason that planning is important?
Breaks the future into smaller steps
Gives a sense of order
All of the above.
25. Which of the following can act as a barrier to reaching our goals?
None of the above.
Close product quick view
Page load link
Go to Top